Putting the headset on a learner
- Prepare the headset
- Demonstrate how to put the headset on
- Allow users to put their own headset on, and take it off themselves
- Check in and confirm
Prepare the Headset
- Make sure the lenses are clean.
- Adjust the head strap to be larger than needed.
Demonstrate how to put the headset on
- How to put the headset on
- How to adjust for fit / comfort and clarity
Allow users to put their own headset on, and take it off themselves
Get permission before touching someone
- Use consent
- Avoid touching their face
When putting someone in VR, give them the headset first, once they have it on, give them the controllers
When taking someone out of VR, take the controllers off them first, and allow them to remove the headset themselves. You can help them, by loosening the straps.
Check in and confirm
Once they have the headset on ask if it is comfortable and they can see clearly.
If it is not comfortable, help them adjust the straps.
If it is not clear, help them adjust the position of the headset on their face.
Similar to wearing glasses, if the headset is positioned to high, or low on the users face, it will be blury.